Saturday 8 March 2014

Poetry

This month's homework at my writing group, Wombourne Writers was poetry. I have had some poems published over the years but it's been a while since I last wrote anything but fiction so I found it quite a challenge to put my poetry cap back on :) Here's the end result...



Bird of Prey

Silent vigil,
Upon the fence,
No time for flight
Or common sense.
Bird song
Now hushed.
It bides it’s time,
No need to rush,
It knows we fear
What will come.
I fear I am
Now undone
For under it’s
Watchful gaze,
Our lives already
Have slipped away.
Spiteful beak,
I watch with awe.
It readies now
A talloned claw.
Caught, trapped,
I’m mesmerised,
Looking deep into
It’s yellow eyes.
Bright, yet cruel
Sight so keen,
Within those orbs
My last moments seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment